Our commitment to our customers includes handling your data responsibly.
WHO WE ARE
We are Butterfly Dog Food, LLC. (“B(D)F”)
Like any company, we use a variety of third party businesses and partners to market and provide our Services to you. These third parties support our operations so we can provide the best experience to you.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Directly From You
You may provide us with personal information in a number of ways, such as when you:
- Provide information to us via our websites, applications, and other digital channels by signing up, creating accounts (including using social media login), filling out forms, commenting, or otherwise engaging with our online services;
- Communicate with us by e-mail;
- Subscribe to e-mails and/or newsletters;
- Report a problem or request support for any of our Services;
- Buying product or merchandise from us online at https://ButterflyDogFood.com
- Interact with our Social Media accounts;
- Participate in our contests, promotions, sweepstakes or surveys;
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may work closely with third parties (for example, technical service providers, promotions companies, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. Depending on the relationship and activity, they will provide us with certain information that will help us understand how you interact with B(D)F Services so we can tailor our marketing and provide better, more personalized Services to you. In some cases, third parties also provide us with information that helps us keep track of transactions, address technical or logistical issues, prevent fraud, or keep our B(D)F community safe from security threats.
We may also receive and display information and content which you make publicly available on your social media account when you use social media logins for our Services or interact with any of our content (such as contests).
We may also receive and display information and content which you make publicly available on your social media account, such as when you post using one of our promoted hashtags.
We may also use the information we have about you
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you in order to provide you with a product or service;
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers;
- Advertisers, advertising networks and social networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and, in some cases, to others. For more information on how we use personal information for targeted advertising, see below; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Service.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we enter into negotiations to buy, sell, or merge with any business or assets, or if we enter into bankruptcy, reorganization, or receivership, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective or eventual seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in the event of an emergency, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of B(D)F, our customers, clients or others; and
- To any other third party not covered in this policy with your prior consent.
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
We use your personal information to tailor our marketing and advertising efforts. To do this, we provide your information to third party advertising networks (such as Google Doubleclick) and social media companies (such as Facebook). When we provide data to agencies, ad networks, and other parties for targeted advertising, we do not provide them with your name, financial information, or any sensitive information (such as an government ID or date of birth, if we have collected that). We use online identifiers such as email, cookie addresses, and device identifiers to help us provide targeted advertising to you and others like you. We may also use aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to target audiences;
To opt out of targeted advertising, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also add you to our mailing lists for email communications from B(D)F when you sign up for our mailing lists, purchase merchandise, or subscribe to B(D)F content online. If you provide us with your email address in order to receive communications, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
You may be able to use social sharing features and other integrated tools on the Site such as the Facebook “Like" button. These features and tools may permit you to share actions you take on our Service with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the service that provides the social sharing feature. Please remember, though, that use of the information you share on social media sites will be governed by the privacy policies of the social media provider, and we are not responsible for how they treat the information.
DO NOT TRACK
Some web may transmit “do-not-track" signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether you intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether you even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
The Site is primarily operated from the United States, which is where your information will likely be stored and processed. Your information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to legal process in the countries in which we operate and/or store your information.
We do not knowingly collect information from children who are under 13 years old. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is 13-16 years old and using our Services, please send us an email at email@example.com to opt in or request deletion of any personal information we may have collected about the child. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is under 13 years old and using our Services, please contact us to arrange for deletion of any personal information we may have collected about the child.
OPTING OUT OF THE SALE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MONEY.
However, sometimes we share your data with vendors and third party advertising networks. These transfers, which are used to provide you with certain Services and/or to more effectively provide you with personalized Services (including advertising), can be deemed a sale under some data privacy laws.
You may opt out of the sale of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to provide certain information to us in order to exercise this option so we can verify your identity and locate your records with us.
Please note that your decision to opt out of the sale of your personal information may impact the availability and quality of some of the Services provided to you.
We use a variety of administrative, physical, and technology solutions, including engaging with qualified cybersecurity companies, to protect your information from unauthorized access, loss, or misuse. Because there is always some risk in transmitting information over the internet and otherwise processing information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you transmit on or through the Services or that we otherwise maintain.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Services, newsletters, email updates and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others, including retail partners, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.